So you want to become a Poshmark Ambassador? Here’s how I became an Ambassador in a short amount of time. Follow these 8 easy steps and you will become an Ambassador too in no time at all!
P.S. If you are new to Poshmark, sign up with my code LEEP20 to get a $10 bonus!
Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links including Amazon Associates from which I may make a small percentage if you make a purchase. This is at no extra cost to you and helps to keep this website running. Thank you for your support!
A Bit About Selling On Poshmark
Whether you want to clear out your closet and make some cash, or you want to flip items for profit, Poshmark is a great platform to do it on.
Personally, I use Poshmark mostly for flipping used clothing from thrift stores.
In fact, I’ve made over $45,000 net from flipping clothes!
Flipping For Cash
If you’d like to learn how to do this yourself, I’ve put together a FREE 5-Day Course called “Reseller Bootcamp.”
You can sign up and get the course delivered straight to your inbox. In it you’ll learn:
- What kinds of items you can flip.
- The best places to sell to maximize your profits.
- 6 keys to taking professional looking photos.
- The 5 components to get your items sold.
- How to turn flipping into a steady and reliable income.
What Is A Poshmark Ambassador?
A Poshmark Ambassador is a status given to Poshmark users who meet certain criteria.
Poshmark Ambassadors are reputable, trustworthy sellers who Poshmark recommends to shoppers.
Why Should You Become A Poshmark Ambassador?
Before we get started on how to become a Poshmark Ambassador, first we should cover why you should become an Ambassador.
Here are a few reasons for becoming a Poshmark Ambassador:
- When you have the title of Poshmark Ambassador, you gain shoppers’ trust. They know you:
- Ship quickly
- Describe items accurately
- Offer great customer service
2. As a Poshmark Ambassador, you get recommended to new Poshers!
- This will allow you to increase your followers quickly.
How To Become A Poshmark Ambassador
Here are the 8 steps to becoming a Posh Ambassador:
- Have 50 available listings in your closet.
- Share your own items 5,000 times.
- Share other’s items 5,000 times.
- Share items from 50 new Poshers.
- Make 15 sales.
- Have an average shipping time of less than 3 days.
- Have an average rating of at least 4.5 stars.
- Leave 1 Love Note for an item you purchase.
Tracking Your Progress Towards Becoming A Posh Ambassador
If you’re wondering how close you are to becoming a Poshmark Ambassador, just go to your account, then to “My Posh Stats” to check out your progress:
If you’re not yet an Ambassador, your progress will look something like this:
The 8 Steps To Becoming A Posh Ambassador
1) Have 50 Available Listings
If you don’t have 50 listings yet, I recommend working on this one first.
Once you have 50 listings up, it will be easier to reach the 5,000 times of sharing items from your own closet.
The 50 listings is a bit of a moving target because you will need to add items as items sell.
If you’re newer to Poshmark, you will want to check out these articles:
2) Share Your Own Items 5,000 Times
Yes, 5,000 times is a lot!
Once you get 50 items in your closet, this will actually go fairly quickly.
If you share your entire closet twice a day (100 daily shares), it will take you 50 days to get to 5,000.
Here are some tips to get their quicker:
- Share from your computer. It is MUCH faster than the app.
- Try to share during a party. Share one item at a time, first to your followers, then to the Party. That will get you two shares per item.
Here is what it looks like when you can share to both your followers and to a Posh Party:
3) Share Other’s Items 5,000 Times
In addition to sharing your items 5,00 times, you also need to share other’s items 5,000 times to become a Poshmark Ambassador.
The same tips apply to this:
- 100 daily shares will get you there in 50 days.
- It’s fastest to share from the computer.
- You can double your shares by sharing during Parties.
You can split sharing into twice a day sessions:
- Pick one user each session. (Make sure they have 50 or more items).
- Stick with that same user and share 50 of their items. This will save you time rather than going from user to user.
4) Share Items From 50 New Poshers
You can quickly cross this item off your list towards becoming a Poshmark Ambassador.
To get credit for the “new Poshers shared” requirement, you must be one of the first 50 Poshers to share a listing from a new seller.
So how do you find new Poshers?
The easiest way to find new Poshers is from the app:
- Find People
- New People
- Choose between “Fresh Closets” or “Just Joined”
It will look like this when you get there:
All you have to do is click through to their account and share at least one item.
You may have to click on more than 50 users because some won’t have any items listed.
Even so, you should be able to check this item off your list in just a few minutes.
5) Make 15 Sales
While you are working on getting 50 items in your closest, sharing your items, and sharing other’s items, you should be making sales in the mean time.
If you are struggling with selling on Poshmark here are a few tips:
- The number one more important thing is to have items people want. If you have things no one wants, no amount of sharing will get them sold.
- Price your items competitively.
- Be willing to accept offers.
- Send offers to likers.
For additional ways to make sales, review this article: 21 Tricks To Increase Poshmark Sales.
6) Average Shipping Time Less Than 3 Days
Shipping in less than 3 days is one you will work on as you make sales.
Shipping in less than 3 days shouldn’t be a problem if you ship same or next day.
Luckily this one doesn’t require a lot of time to check off towards becoming a Poshmark Ambassador.
Here are a few tips:
- Have shipping supplies on hand. Here are the Reseller Supplies I Use.
- Not sure how to ship? Check out this article: 3 Easy Steps To Shipping On Poshmark.
- Get FREE USPS Shipping Supplies sent to your door here: https://store.usps.com/store/home
- Schedule FREE USPS Package Pick Ups here: https://tools.usps.com/schedule-pickup-steps.htm
Ship on time and you will automatically get this one crossed off the list!
7) Average Rating Of At Least 4.5 Stars
This is the only one on the list that you don’t have direct control over.
That being said, there are some things you can do to get 5-star ratings:
- Ship quickly
- Describe your items correctly
- Be upfront about any flaws
- Take lots of pictures including flaws
If you follow the above advice, you should get 5-star ratings.
8) Leave 1 Love Note
This is the only item on the list of becoming a Poshmark Ambassador that requires you to make a purchase.
If you haven’t done any shopping on Poshmark, simply:
- Make a purchase
- When the item comes, accept it, leave 5 stars and leave a comment letting the buyer know how great they did.
Once you’ve followed the above steps, your progress towards becoming a Poshmark Ambassador will show this item complete.
Welcome To Becoming A Poshmark Ambassador!
Once you’ve completed all 8 items towards becoming a Poshmark Ambassador, you will receive an email from Poshmark requesting that you accept the terms and conditions of the ambassador program.
Just click on the link and Poshmark will walk you through the steps.
Accept and continue:
This is what it looks like when you are officially part of the Posh Ambassador Program:
You should give yourself a pat on the back at this point! You are now a Poshmark Ambassador!
Maintaining Your Poshmark Ambassador Status
Once you’ve achieved your Poshmark Ambassador status, you are expected to:
- Be active in the Poshmark community
- Maintain your closet
- Continue to provide great service to your customers
- Abide by Poshmark’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
If you violate the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, Poshmark may remove you from the Ambassador Program.
If you want to learn more about how to make money reselling on platforms like Poshmark, make sure to join Reseller Bootcamp now!
Here’s the sign up in case you missed it earlier: