Have you done all the work to get things listed, but now your inventory just keeps sitting there? You’re frustrated you’re not making much money? Well, I’ve got your solution: 5 Ways To Increase Your eBay Sales!
I’ve sold over $100,000 as a part time reseller and mom of 4.
These are the exact methods I use everyday to get the results I do!
And by the way, if you’re wondering what to sell, check out this Brands List. These are some of the top things I’m selling.
So How Can You Increase Your eBay Sales?
I’ve got 5 ways for you to get your items moving so you can start turning them into cash today. We will walk through them item by item.
1) Use Promoted Listings To Double Your Exposure
2) Promotions (a.k.a Sales)
Promotions (also known as sales) are a great way to get product moving! I run an (almost) continuous sale in my store. The only items not on sale, are the newest listed items.
Promotions are only available to store subscribers. I guess that is one more reason you should get a store if you are serious about selling to make money!
I have directions here on how to put items on sale in your store.
I’ve also written a complete guide about sales here: Running Sales For Your eBay Store: Everything You Wanted To Know
Here are my top 3 reasons for running sales and why you may want to give it a try.
1) Starting a sale will send a notification to watchers!
Did you know, when you create a sale, all watchers will get a notification that pops up on their phone (assuming they have notifications turned on) that alerts them the item was put on sale?
I think this is so cool! It’s like a personal message to watchers. Sometimes just a small discount is enough to remind them of your item.
2) It’s easy to clearance items out by how long they’ve been on the site.
If you’re wanting to get rid of older inventory, this is the way to do it! Setting up a sale event + markdown is an easy way to give a bigger discount the longer you’ve had the item. (If you’re wondering the different types of sales available, go here.)
3) Send Offers To Buyers
This is probably my number one tip on how to keep money rolling in every single day! Use the “Send Offers To Buyers” feature! It is a relatively new feature, but it has been a total game changer!
Oh, and don’t rely on the number of listings available to send offers to that is shown in the eBay app. It is never right. Never even close. For me, it might show only 2 or 3, but I really have more like 20 I can send offers on. You will need to go to the desktop version of eBay in order to see the correct amount.
To finish off this massive list of 5 Ways To Increase Your eBay Sales, I’d like to cover what I do as a last resort when it comes to increasing sales – auctions!
Auctions are a great way to drive traffic to your store. Auctions can also get items to sell that have been sitting for a while. Often times, I have listings with several watchers (sometimes as many as 20!) but no one will make offers or just buy the thing! So off to auction it goes.
My feeling with auctions is it forces buyers to make a decision about purchasing prior to the auction ending. Buyers do not feel the same sense of urgency with fixed-price listings.
Three Simple Strategies for Auctions
I have three simple strategies I’d like to share with you regarding auctions.
1. Start bids at the price you’d like. Don’t feel like you have to start bids super low. Sometimes just that sense of urgency is enough to make one buyer bid. I’ve successfully sold some items by starting bids at $19.99 or more depending on the item.
2. If the item ends with no bids, drop the starting bid by a dollar or two. Often it will end up getting bid up higher than the first time on auction. Repeat if necessary. Even after dropping several dollars, items will sell for more than the original auction price.
3. Don’t be afraid to check the box to allow offers! Yes, there will be a lot of offers below the starting bid, but I always have a few items that get offers at or above the starting bid.
My personal policy is to decline all offers below the starting bid. (Unfortunately there is no way to automatically do this). Send a nice message to the potential buyer thanking them for the bid and explaining that you do not accept offers below the starting bid.
As a very, very last resort, if I need to get rid of something I start bids at the lowest price I can go.
Think You’ll Give It A Shot?
Whew! That was a lot! To summarize:
1) Promote your listings.
2) Run promotions (a.k.a. sales).
3) Send offers to watchers (potential buyers).
4) Allow best offers on your listings.
5) Run auctions.
You can put all 5 strategies together to increase your eBay sales! Let me know how it goes!
Don’t forget to grab my best-selling brand lists here:
Hope these strategies will get you amazing results! Happy sales!
P.S. Here’s some other things you can check out:
- NEW – Top 20 Sales from 2019!
- Looking for other items to thrift? Check out my on-going Thrift To Sell Series here where I feature easy-to-find thrift store clothes!
- Don’t forget to check out my Revenue & Expense Reports where I share my actual income with you!!
- Be sure to check out my How-To’s.
- Read about my crazy goal to pay off more than $100,000 in mortgage debt by reselling thrifted items. Find out how I’m currently doing on meeting that goal.