Wondering how to ship on Poshmark once your item sells? Here are step-by-step directions to get your item sent so you can receive your payment quickly.
P.S. If you are new to Poshmark, sign up with my code LEEP20 to get a $10 bonus!
Congratulations On Your First Sale On Poshmark!
Congratulations on making your first Poshmark sale! Lucky for you, Poshmark is the hands-down easiest platform when it comes to shipping.
On this page you will find:
- 3 easy steps on how to ship on Poshmark
- What to do if your item weighs more than 5 pounds.
- Tips for packaging up your Poshmark sale.
(This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Affiliates, that I may a small percentage from at no additional cost to you.)
What To Do Once Your Item Sells On Poshmark
There are three easy steps to get your item shipped once you make a sale on Poshmark.
Step 1: Print Your Poshmark Shipping Label
Once your item sells, Poshmark will email you a shipping label.
DO NOT BUY A LABEL. It is already paid for.
(If your item is over 5 pounds, you will need to upgrade your label. See below for directions on how to do this.)
All you need to do is open the PDF attached to the email and print it. This can be done right from your phone.
You can print on regular printer paper. Or you can use label paper like this.
Step 2: Package Your Item Up
You can use (or re-use) any boxes for shipping.
Poshmark has also contracted with USPS to use their FREE Priority Mail (including Regional Rate) boxes. (Note the label cannot be used with Express Priority).
The boxes are free and can be found at the supply center of your local post office. Or you can order them online and have them sent to your door free of charge.
A popular size, the Medium Flat Rate Box can be found here, FREE. (Note that the Small Flat Rate Box is only about the size of a cell phone).
If you are re-using a box, make sure it is in good condition and that any old labels and barcodes are removed or covered.
Additional Packaging Tips For Selling On Poshmark
First impressions are everything. You will want to make sure your package looks nice upon arrival.
Poshmark suggests at a minimum to use tissue paper and include a thank you card.
You can find popular items you will need here:
- Cute, Metallic Gold-Printed Tissue Paper
- Bubble Wrap (if your item is breakable)
- Thank You Stickers
- Thank You Cards With Envelopes (so ink doesn’t get on the item)
- Clear Resealable Bags (for a professional, clean look)
- Thank You Tags
- Heavy Duty Packing Tape
Step 3: Attach Your Label And Get It To USPS
All you have to do at this point is attach the label you printed in Step 1.
If you printed on regular paper, you will need to use packing tape.
If you used sticky label paper, it’s as easy as peeling the label off and slapping it on your shipping box.
Once you’ve got your label on, it’s as simple as getting your package to USPS.
You can either put your box in the dropbox at your local post office (no waiting in line!). Or you can schedule a FREE USPS pick up! You can go here to schedule a FREE pick up.
What To Do If Your Poshmark Package Is Over 5 Pounds
If you come across the case of having to ship a package that weighs more than 5 pounds, you will need to follow these directions.
If you’re unsure of the weight, you will need a scale, you can find scales here.
However, most clothing items are under 5lbs so this shouldn’t be an issue.
You will probably only run into this situation when buyers “bundle” orders.
Upgrading Your Poshmark Label For Items Over 5 lbs
Here are the steps for what to do if your Poshmark package is over 5 pounds:
- Step 1: For packages over 5 lbs, you will need to head to “My Sales.”
- Step 2: Find the order you need to upgrade and select it.
- Step 3: Next you should see an option that says “Need New Shipping Label.” Select that.
- Step 4: You will then see an option that says “Need Heavier Weight Label.” Select that and enter the weight of your package (the total weight of the item, box and shipping material).
- Step 5: Select “Next” and “Send New Label.” The label will be sent to your email.
- Step 6: Head to your email and print the label.
The original label is automatically voided for you.
You will be responsible for the additional cost to upgrade the label, so be sure to accurately weigh your box so that you are not overcharged.
Flipping For Profit
So you made your first Poshmark sale!? So exciting!
How would you like to make more sales flipping items for profit?
Did you know there are countless “resellers” who make a living (even full-time income) from reselling pre-owned, used items?
While I’m not a full-time seller (I am a stay-at-home mom), I have been able to make a steady, reliable income from reselling (mostly) clothes.
Just last year I was able to make almost $20,000 from flipping thrift store items for profit.
If reselling online sounds like something you would be interested in, you’re in luck!
I’ve put together a FREE 5-Day Course called “Reseller Bootcamp.”
You can sign up and get the course delivered straight to your inbox. In it you’ll learn:
- What kinds of items you can flip.
- The best places to sell to maximize your profits.
- 6 keys to taking professional looking photos.
- The 5 components to get your items sold.
- How to turn flipping into a steady and reliable income.
If You're Wondering What You Can Resell Online...
If you’d like to see what kinds of things you can resell online, here are some other posts featuring the best things to sell:
- Best Things To Sell On eBay
- 100 Best Brands To Sell On Poshmark
- See my Top Sales for each month
- See my Top Sales of 2019 (top 20 out of 2000+ items sold – ranges up to $250!)
- Making Money Selling Clothes That Are Unique, Modest, or Just Plain Ugly
- 27 Non-Clothing Items Recent Sales
- 6 Kid Things To Declutter Today For Money
- 3 Things Around Your House You Can Sell For Money Today
Where You Can Sell Online, How To Ship, And How Much You Can Make Reselling
I’ve have an in-depth page geared to helping you get started on your reselling journey. It covers everything you want to know including:
- The best places to sell your things online
- How to ship when selling online
- How much you can make reselling
It includes links to tons of helpful articles to get you started making money from home through reselling.
If You Are Looking For More Product Reviews And Tips…
If you are looking for more product reviews, you can find them here:
Thanks For Joining Me
Thanks for joining me for How To Ship On Poshmark.
With these directions, you will be able to easily get your item sent off so you can get your payment a quickly.