Every parent knows kids can come with soooooo much stuff! It seems to accumulate from no where – birthdays, holidays, grandparents. And sometimes it just gets to be too much. If that’s you, here are 27 specific of kid things you can declutter today for money!
Turning Your Clutter Into Cash
Hey, if you’re at that point of needing to downsize kid stuff in your house, why not make some cash in the process?
In fact, this is the exact way I got started reselling (flipping thrift store finds for profit)! Little did I know it would turn into a profitable naptime business making me almost $20,000 last year alone!
If you’re interested in this fun way to make money from home, I offer a FREE 5-day Reseller Bootcamp where I show you EXACTLY how you can make over $30/hour flipping thrift store finds. Sign up here to get started now!
So Back To Kid Things You Can Sell For Money…
Oftentimes it’s so easy to overlook the things right in front of us. Clutter has a way of being present but sometimes forgotten about. You may have items you can turn into cash today sitting in plain sight!
Here are 27 kid things you probably have sitting around your house that you can declutter and sell for money today!
Chances are you probably have some books sitting around your house. In our house, books seem to multiply on their own. Or, maybe your kids have outgrown some of them. Either way, you might as well de-clutter and make some cash in the process.
What kinds of kids books are worth selling?
1) Kids book series
American Girl, Little House, Hardy Boys, etc). Individually you may not get a lot for each book. But if you have more than 1 (or better yet, a complete set), you can sell them as a set.
2) Baby books
Everything from board books, to soft books, puppet books, etc. Again, I recommend putting several similar books together and selling them as a bundle.
3) Parenting books
Advice books, cookbooks, etc.
Some more tips for selling books:
- You can sell locally through Facebook marketplace, Facebook groups, OfferUp or other similar sites.
- If you sell online, be sure to ship through USPS Media Mail. It is by far the cheapest way to send books!
- You can easily look up how much you can get for your books by following these directions from Dollar Sprout.
2. Plush Toys
Believe it or not, people actually buy pre-owned stuffed animals online! Some resellers make a full time living just on selling stuffed animals!
What happens when your kid loses his favorite stuffed animal that they don’t make anymore? Apparently you go online to find an identical replacement!
Here’s some types of plush toys that may be worth selling:
Bears as well as accessories (their clothes) sell well.
5) Cabbage Patch Kids Dolls
Especially 80’s vintage dolls. Clothing can be sold also.
Disney plush toys, especially ones from Disney Resort.
7) Vintage Or Unique Plush Toys
If you have any unusual plush toys, especially ones that are vintage, they may fetch quite a lot.
Puppets, particularly high end brands such as Folkmanis or FAO Schwartz can sell well.
Here are some examples of used puppets sold on eBay:
Educational toys like blocks are always sought after, especially well-made, well-known brands.
Here’s some kinds of blocks that you can turn into cash:
Full sets are great as are plates, or you can sell loose blocks by the pound.
I’ve sold small vintage sets for around $40/set. Current sets, plates, specialty plates (with rivers, etc on them) do well. Or you can sell them loose.
11. Tegu magnetic blocks
These are a high-end magnetic block wrapped in wood. They retail for a lot new, and the resale value is great.
Again, these are expensive new, so other parents will look to buy pre-owned to save money.
13. Lincoln Logs
Remember this classic toy? Wood toys like these, tend to be popular.
14. Wood blocks
Parents looking for eco-friendly toys love plain wood blocks.
This list would be incomplete without including kids clothing. New clothing can be so expensive, that lots of parents only buy used clothing.
Here are a few ideas of what you can sell as far as clothing goes:
Gently used brands like Stride Rite, Nike, See Kai Run.
16. Snow gear
17. Vintage dresses
I’m a sucker for little girls vintage dresses. They are always cheap at consignments sales, yard sales and the like. But online it is a different story. I’ve had several go for in the $40 range!
18. Nicer brands shirts/pants
Mini Boden, Gymboree, Baby Gap and more.
19. Coats & Jackets
21. Christening clothing
22. Sports/athletic items
Athletic shorts and pants are popular around the beginning of sports seasons. I’ve also sold protective football gear, padded pants, shorts, baseball pants, soccer shinguards.
5) Cloth Diapers
If you used cloth diapers, you already saved a ton of money! But did you know you can now sell them?
Yes, there is a market for used cloth diapers! Not just diapers, but anything that goes along with them such as cloth wipes, covers, wetbags, etc.
Why not earn back some of your money, help another parent out, and save the planet at the same time?
Here’s a complete list of cloth diaper items you can sell:
- Cloth diapers (all-in-ones, pocket diapers)
- Inserts and prefolds
6) Educational Toys
Any educational type toys are a good bet. We already covered blocks, but there are so many other things in this category.
- Logic Games
- Quality shape sorters
- Wooden toys
- Any high-end brands such as (HABA, Battat, Hape, Playmobil, Calico Critters)
- Thomas The Train Engine
- Anything vintage (Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets)
Did you get some good ideas?
Chances are, your answer is yes! So start decluttering today and turn them into cash!
If you need help with knowing where to sell, pricing and more, be sure to sign up for my FREE 5-Day Reseller Bootcamp!
Believe it or not, I have turned selling discard stuff into a profitable business. I work on my schedule (from home) and make over $30/hour!
Interested in how you can turn flipping items into a profitable business?
Sign up for my FREE 5-Day eCourse called “Reseller Bootcamp!”
In it you will learn:
- The best items to flip for maximum profit. (You will also get the Top 25 All-Time Best Clothing Brands To Flip For Profit).
- Where you can find items to flip and the best places to resell them.
- How to take pictures like a pro without being a professional or having all the professional equipment.
- The 5 key components to every successful listing. (You’ll also get my “Magic Formula For The Perfect Title”).
- How you can make consistent income month in and month out.
P.S. Here’s some other things you can check out:
- Looking for other items to thrift? Check out other ideas in my on-going Thrift To Sell Series here where I feature easy-to-find thrift store clothes! Here are some of the other topics:
- Don’t forget to check out my Revenue & Expense Reports where I share my actual income with you!!
- Be sure to check out my How-To’s.
- Quick tips can be found here!
- Read about my crazy goal to pay off more than $100,000 in mortgage debt by reselling thrifted items. Find out how I’m currently doing on meeting that goal.