Last Updated on June 25, 2020 by Lee Meier
Why Invest In A Lighting Kit?
- You have just seconds to grab the attention of buyers as they are scrolling through search results. Most buyers will make an instant decision whether to look further based on your main photo.
- It allows you to take photos at any time of day – even at night! (Pictures after the kids go to bed, anyone?)
- Great photos will set you apart from your competitors.
- Your small investment will quickly pay itself off with increased sales and getting you the prices you deserve.
Tips For Using A Lighting Kit
- Block competing light sources. Close blinds, shut doors, etc. You will get even lighting this way.
- Don’t point lights directly at your item. Instead, point them towards the ceiling or wall so the light can reflect off those surfaces, giving you a natural-looking light.
- If you want to leave your lights up between use, lower them as far down as they go. They are less likely to get tipped over. (Yes, this is from firsthand experience with kids running around!)
- Keep at least one spare bulb on hand.
1. LimoStudio Photography Photo Portrait Studio 660W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit, LMS103
This is the exact lighting kit I have been using for two years. (You can see the EXACT list of all the reseller supplies I use here.)
It comes with three tripods and lights, but I only use the two with umbrellas.
If you do this, it means you will have an extra light bulb. I have yet to replace a bulb for burning out.
The bulbs are 45 Watts each.
It also comes with bags for storing everything conveniently between uses.
While not professional quality, it is definitely an affordable lighting kit and will get the job done.
It has over 5,000 ratings and 4.5 stars.
2. HPUSN Softbox Lighting Kit Professional Studio Photography Continuous Equipment with 85W 5500K E27 Socket Light and 2 Reflectors 50 x 70 cm and 2 Bulbs for Portrait Product Fashion Photography
This style of softboxes (instead of umbrellas) is great for reflecting light towards your item.
It comes with 2 bulbs and a carrying case.
The bulbs are bright at 85 Watts each!
It has over 1,200 reviews and 4.5 stars.
3. ESDDI Softbox 900W Lighting Kit Professional Photo Studio Equipment with 5400K E27 Socket and 2 Reflectors 50×50 cm and 2 LED Bulbs Energy Saving Lighting for Portrait Fashion and Product Photography
This is a similar affordable light kit, and is quite a bit cheaper than #2.
However the two bulbs it comes with are 50 Watts each (instead of 85 Watts).
50 Watts is still enough. And you can always upgrade your light bubls later.
It has over 500 reviews and 4.5 stars.
4. RALENO 800W Softbox Lighting Kit 2X20X28 inch Professional Photography Continuous Lighting Equipment with 2 x 85W E27 Socket 5500K Bulbs for Portraits and Product Shooting
This lighting kit comes with two stands/boxes, two bulbs, and storage bag.
The light bulbs are 85 Watts each.
One of the great things about these types of softbox lighting kits is how they zip closed over the bulb.
This will give a natural-looking light and prevent shadows.
It has over 400 reviews and 4.5 stars.
5. Andoer Photography Softbox Lighting Kit, 1350W Continuous Light System 50 x 70cm Professional Studio Softbox with 2pcs 5500K Bulbs 200cm Light Stand Carrying Bag for Photo Shoot
This is an affordable light kit that comes with one of the highest wattages on this list.
The bulbs are 135 Watts each (equivalent to 1350W incandescent).
You definitely won’t worry about your pictures turning out dark with this kit.
This kit has over 100 reviews and 4.5 stars.
6. MOUNTDOG 1600W Softbox Photography Continuous Photo Studio Light with 2X 20’x 28′ Reflectors 4pcs Bulbs, Professional Photo Studio Equipment for Portrait Fashion Photo Video Shooting
This lighting kit uses 4 light bulbs per box. (You can always use less if needed).
It comes with 12 light bulbs, so you will have 4 extra bulbs to keep on hand.
This kit is worth it for all the light bulbs it comes with!
The light bulbs are 45 Watts each. So if you use 4, it would add up to 180 Watts per box!
This is the one I would get if I had a bit more to spend.
It has over 30 reviews and 4.5 stars.
7. SH 2Set 20″X28″ Softbox Photography Lighting Kit 135W Continuous Lighting System Photo Studio Equipment Photo Model Portraits Shooting Box E27 Video Lighting Bulb
This is a pretty basic kit.
And one of the cheapest out there!
Better yet, is it comes with 2 bulbs that are 135 Watts each!
It has over 75 reviews and 4.5 stars.
8. 1600W Softbox Photography Lighting, Heorryn Continuous Softbox Lighting Kit 20″X28″ Professional Photo Studio Equipment with 2M Adjustable Stand and 5500K LED Bulb for Video Filming Portraits (2 Pack)
Another basic affordable light kit.
This one comes with two bulbs that are 58 Watts each.
It has over 60 reviews and 4.5 stars.
9. Emart 600W Photography Photo Video Portrait Studio Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
This kit comes with 3 light bulbs that are 45 Watts each. If you plan on using just 2, you will have an extra light bulb.
It also comes with two sets of umbrellas: white; and black/silver reflective.
This affordable lighting kit has over 60 reviews and 4.5 stars.
10. Safstar Photography Studio Video Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit Photo Model Portraits Shooting Lights Set of 2
This is the cheapest, most affordable lighting kit out there (for two umbrellas/stands)!
It comes with 2 light bulbs that are 45 Watts each.
It has over 50 reviews and 4.5 stars.
If you are new to reselling and want to learn more, I’ve put together a FREE 5-Day Course called “Reseller Bootcamp.”
In it I teach you the exact methods that I use that made me almost $20,000 last year just from working during naptime.
You can sign up and get the course delivered straight to your inbox. In it you’ll learn:
- What kinds of items you can flip.
- The best places to sell to maximize your profits.
- 6 keys to taking professional looking photos.
- The 5 components to get your items sold.
- How to turn flipping into a steady and reliable income.
If You're Wondering What You Can Resell Online...
If you’d like to see what kinds of things you can resell online, here are some other posts featuring some of my sales:
- See my Top Sales for each month
- See my Top Sales of 2019 (top 20 out of 2000+ items sold – ranges up to $250!)
- Making Money Selling Clothes That Are Unique, Modest, or Just Plain Ugly
- 27 Non-Clothing Items Recent Sales
- 6 Kid Things To Declutter Today For Money
- 3 Things Around Your House You Can Sell For Money Today
Where You Can Sell Online, How To Ship, And How Much You Can Make Reselling
I’ve have an in-depth page geared to helping you get started on your reselling journey. It covers everything you want to know including:
- The best places to sell your things online
- How to ship when selling online
- How much you can make reselling
It includes links to tons of helpful articles to get you started making money from home through reselling.
If You Are Looking For More Product Reviews And Tips…
If you are looking for more product reviews, you can find them here:
Conclusion To 10 Affordable Lighting Kits Under $100
Thanks for joining me for this roundup of 10 Affordable Lighting Kits Under $100!
I hope you were able to find an affordable lighting kit to fit your budget.